Today’s task is to participate in a Twitter chat at one of two listed times. The first chat will start around 11 a.m. (Atlanta, Georgia, time); the second chat will start around 4 p.m. (also Atlanta time).
If you don’t have a Twitter account, then an additional assignment is to create a Twitter account. They’re free to set up. Just go to www.Twitter.com and follow the prompts. (Plus, here’s a Twitter cheat sheet I developed a few years ago.)
Okay, here’s how the chats will work:
- Each chat will last roughly 1 hour. Join one, or jump in on both.
- We’ll use the hashtag #gswc so that everyone can see what everyone’s saying. On each tweet, just include the #gswc hashtag and click on the hashtag to see the conversation (be sure to select “All” or you might receive a limited view).
- I’ll have a few conversation starter questions, but I’d love it if you asked me (and others) questions. Let’s have a conversation about what’s working, not working, things you’d like to accomplish, etc.
It’s really informal. And if you live on the other side of the planet or have a job that won’t enable you to join the conversation, that’s fine. Just check out the hashtag after the fact, and you may find some interesting tweets, links, information, etc.
So I look forward to chatting with everyone! Who knows? This chat might help steer the challenge in a new direction for later in the month.
Learn the Fundamentals of Nonfiction!
In this 12-week course, writers will learn the fundamentals of nonfiction writing, including how to use detail in your writing, how to conduct interviews, how to make your point using structure and organization, and more.
Robert Lee Brewer is Senior Content Editor of the Writer’s Digest Writing Community and a person who has received many benefits from using social media over the years. A former Poet Laureate of the Blogosphere, he’s the author of the poetry collection, Solving the World’s Problems (Press 53). Robert is married to the poet Tammy Foster Brewer, who helps him keep track of their five little poets (four boys and one princess). Follow him on Twitter @robertleebrewer.
Find recent tasks from the Get Started Write Challenge here:
- 2014 Get Started Write Challenge: Day 7.
- 2014 Get Started Write Challenge: Day 6.
- 2014 Get Started Write Challenge: Day 5.