Yesterday, I put out a call for submissions on the 2014 Writer’s Market. Today, I’m doing the same thing for the 2014 Poet’s Market.
The 2013 Poet’s Market has been sent to the printer. I can’t wait to get my desk copies, because it’s really something. In addition to the market listings and publishing opportunities, the book is filled with useful how-to articles and 20 original poems that were submitted to me last year.
In fact, there are two ways you can submit to the 2014 Poet’s Market: How-to articles and original poems.
Here are the guidelines for the how-to articles:
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line: 2014 Poet’s Market Pitch
- Give pitch (or multiple pitches) first
- Include a brief bio last
- Deadline for submissions is August 8, 2012
It’s pretty simple. Just follow those rules, and you should be golden.
Here are the guidelines for submitting original poems:
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Poems for 2014 Poet’s Market
- Include 1-3 original, previously unpublished poems in the body of the e-mail (no attachments–unless you contact me for permission first)
- Include your name and a brief bio after the poems
- Deadline for submissions is September 1, 2012
- Send only one e-mail and only one submission of poems
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please contact me immediately if your poems have been accepted elsewhere
- Style and subject matter is open (refer to the 2013 Poet’s Market if in doubt)
And that’s it. Any extra questions or concerns, contact me directly.