Time to submit pitches for the 2015 Novel & Short Story Writer’s Market!
Editor Rachel Randall is looking for submissions to the next edition. Here’s a message straight from her about what she needs:
Hello! I am happy to announce that Novel & Short Story Writer’s Market is currently accepting pitches for articles to appear in its 2015 edition. For nearly 34 years, NSSWM has provided fiction writers with solid, accurate, and useful information on how to improve their craft, get their work published, and market and promote their writing.
We are currently accepting pitches on any fiction writing-related topic, but I will especially consider:
Craft & Technique
- A “Back to Basics” approach for perennial writing craft topics, including plot/structure, character, scene, dialogue, description, and point of view.
- Fresh approaches to story-building techniques, including character arcs, structure, and outlining.
- A breakdown of what makes a short story exceptional (anatomy of a successful short story)
- “Breaking In” interviews from authors are always compelling.
- Proposal, query, and submission how-tos
Marketing and Promotion
- Blogging and social media guides
Please submit pitches by October 31, 2013. Include the scope/topic of your proposed article, estimated word count, and bios for any potential interviewees.
Please let me know if you have any questions, and thank you!
Submit pitches via e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line: 2015 NSSWM Pitch.
The best way to find gaps for the upcoming edition of Novel & Short Story Writer’s Market is to go through the most recent edition. Click to continue.
Check out other recent calls for submissions:
- Call for Submissions: 2015 Writer’s Market. (Deadline: October 11, 2013)
- Call for Submissions: 2015 Poet’s Market. (Deadline: October 18, 2013)