For today’s task, join at least one more social media site. Unless you’re already a member of every social network, this is a good task to see the strengths and weaknesses of various sites–and to see if one suits you more than another.
Here is a list of some social media sites to try:
- LinkedIn. A great professional social network.
- Google+. Like Facebook, but run by Google.
- Goodreads. A social network for readers.
- StumbleUpon. A network for sharing fun stuff.
- Pinterest. Image-based social network.
- Red Room. Subtitled: Where the authors are.
- Reddit. Another network for sharing fun stuff.
- BlogHer. Subtitled: Life well said.
There are more, of course, but these are some of the more popular ones. One tip: Any time someone I know personally suggests I should check out a particular social media site, I do.
Use the 2014 Writer’s Market to get published! This reference book lists thousands of publishing opportunities and contains articles on the business, management, and promotion of writing. Articles on topics like six-figure book proposals, advanced platform building tips, and so much more.
Find more tasks here: