There are so many unique ways to make extra money, but not all of them can be done from the comfort of your home (or a hotel room by the ocean). The following list is comprised of just such opportunities that have been accomplished by ordinary people with extraordinary goals–some with college degrees, others with no formal education (just a drive to find success on their own terms).
Here are 7 ways to make extra money from home:
- Write a book. Of the seven ways, this option is probably the most glamorous to the outside world. Seasoned writers, however, know this is the most difficult path to take. As a result, be sure your heart is in writing the book if you decide to go this route (and click here to find book publishers and literary agents).
- Pitch an article. The great thing about pitching articles is that you don’t actually have to write the articles in advance. You just need three things: great ideas, an ability to communicate those ideas, and an understanding of where to send those ideas to find acceptance. (WritersMarket.com can help with that third part.)
- Start a blog. As with writing a book, blogging requires a lot of work–even if you’re not making any money with it. In fact, I don’t advise trying to monetize your blog until you’ve already started driving traffic to it (here’s my advice on how to increase traffic to your blog). That said, money can and is made blogging.
- Enter a contest. Since this is a writing blog, I’m going to go ahead and suggest entering writing contests. They are seriously competitive and many charge entry fees, but these are great outlets for getting published and making money. Of course, WritersMarket.com lists hundreds of contests.
- Use social media. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, RedRoom, Goodreads, Tumblr, YouTube, Pinterest, and SheWrites all have one thing in common: They’re social media sites that offer their super users ways to make money from the comfort of their avatars (learn how to make money with Twitter).
- Offer online education. There are educators who work for online education outlets, whether for WritersDigestUniversity.com or a local community college. There are also educators who set up their own lemonade stand and offer online webinars, tutorials, podcasts, white papers, and more.
- Provide freelance services. These services might include writing copy, copy editing, proofreading, critiques, line edits, data entry, blogging, editing e-newsletters, or any number of other services. Pick the ones you excel at providing and plug those up front. Other jobs may come your way as a result.
How to Make Money Writing
If you’re trying to make extra money from home, it’s something that can be accomplished through the process of becoming a freelance writer. Learn how to start making extra money from home today with the top guide to writing and getting published available anywhere: WritersMarket.com!
The website lists thousands of publishing opportunities, includes scores of articles on how to navigate the business of writing and managing a freelance business (including how to get started without any previous experience), and is loaded with tools to help with managing submissions and keeping accurate records.